welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Friday 17 April 2015

Just half an hour.....

peas in their new wigwam
leeks
I started the day intending to have a gentle morning in the garden, maybe half an hour or so, just plant out my purple podded peas and do a little weeding - but somewhere along the line got carried away. So, I planted out the peas, pricked out the kale, pricked out Elefant leeks (a full tray then about a dozen straight into the garden), potted on some Primo cabbages, set more cabbages (Golden Acre for summer, Langedijk, Winter Ling and Late Flat Dutch for autumn through winter), set a dozen Tendergreen French beans, moved some carnation cuttings into the flower beds, planted a couple of lettuce outside and some in a hanging basket (currently in the greenhouse but I may move it outside later, and hopefully the plants will be too high for slugs to reach).
hanging basket with lettuce
By the time I'd finished, I ended up with a very late lunch at quarter to 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment