welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Thursday 27 February 2014

New greenhouse


 Another sunny day meant there was time for me to go to the allotment and see our new greenhouse. Well, when I say new what I really mean is extra. It belonged to another allotmenteer and like our first allotment greenhouse was damaged by the gales before Christmas - so much so that the owner has had enough and  is swapping to a poly-greenhouse, and giving this one away. Lots of the glass is broken but by joining the two together we're hoping to save on glass in the linking 'wall'. For now there's no glass in either - ours was damaged too and we decided to 'de-glaze' it till Spring. I don't imagine we'll be growing more tomatoes, peppers, aubergines etc just able to grow them all inside. Now all we need is some lovely Spring weather.

Meanwhile this is the state of the brussels sprouts - they've completely sprouted so I'm just using them as small spring greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment