welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Friday 5 August 2011

Friday - going in circles

A day of solid rain on Wednesday breaking a week of hot dry weather. In hope of more weekend rain, I spent today digging over some patches of garden, pulling out running to seed rocket, generally clearing it out and sowing more seed. As usual, weeding turned up some interesting plants, including oregano and antirrhinums which I immediately replanted, so I had to weed the flowerbed patch they were going to go in. I so often end up in circles like this - set out to do Job A and end up sidetracked into B and C.
Anyway, at last I got the ground cleared and Offenham cabbage, multicoloured radish, white chard and bordeaux spinach set - most for Autumn but the cabbage is for Spring. Also collected the rocket seed for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment