welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Organised chaos - or June flowers


 There's no formal council-style bedding structure to my flowers beds - just colour running riot. The plants at this time of the year are a mix of perennials and self-set annuals and biennials. Later I'll add a few 'bedding plants' - marigolds and rudbeckia - because otherwise after early Summer's riot things are too dull.





 From their sheer size and flamboyance the oriental poppies dominate now - there's a variety of pink, red, orangey shades but I'd love to have some darker plum colours too.
































I'm not fond of gaps between flowers so it's barely possible to see the soil in places - and even the leeks are hidden here.





A splash of colour by the back door - again no room for weeds!


No comments:

Post a Comment