welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Friday 16 May 2014

Nearly Summer....

Summer's on the way with huge floppy oriental poppies...


..self-set aquilegias in every shade of pink, rose, purple and white...































...huge peonies just opening..


















The flower beds are edged in a frill of London Pride







and hiding under the taller plants are sweetly scented lily of the valley







There's always one unseasonal flower though - a really early flowering kaffir lily

4 comments:

  1. Many beautiful flowers.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. With these aquilegias pictures you have helped me ID the flowers which have popped up in different places in my garden! I thought they were too pretty to be weeds, but no idea how they got there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be helpful! I wonder how they got there....many birds spreading the seed?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I thought that must have been the case. There are quite a few aquilegias and a poppy growing in my drive (which desperately needs to be re-gravelled!) I could work out what the poppy was but not the others.

      Delete