welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Thursday 24 April 2014

Allotment day

 Yesterday was sunny and warm - for the morning at least - so we pulled in a quick trip to the allotment. While hubby carried on building a new lean-to tomato/pepper house, I checked out what had been going on..

The apples are now all in blossom. I'm not sure that we've had them all in flower before. Some are still rather small trees so there probably won't be many apples from them.



The second cherry is in flower - now I have to wait to see if either will fruit...
 First potatoes are through!

and there's masses of rhubarb waiting to be picked

Here's the complete haul - rhubarb, cauliflower, radishes, spinach and beetroot. Not bad for this early in the year.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have fruit trees but we have many fruit bats here, they always get first pick.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete