welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Tuesday 8 September 2009

wildlife

a day with lots of wildlife in and around the garden. several flights of geese have passed over today. a family of long-tailed tits visited again. started pruning back the birch tree in the back garden and found more ladybirds in it than I've seen all summer - some red with black spots, some yellow with black and one red with white spots. the cabbages are still crawling with caterpillars despite my efforts with a soap spray - I don't really want to kill off all of them as I like butterflies, even cabbage whites,just don't want the caterpillars.
also found these strange creepy crawlies - not sure if they are eggs from spiders or butterflies, or cocoons or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment