welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Sunday 4 November 2012

Flowers in November

 I've cheated a little this month as, instead of taking photos on the first as I try to do, I took them on the 2nd - a far nicer, sun-filled day.


There still seem to be plenty of flowers around - mainly nasturtiums which are intent on over-running the garden.
calendula

more nasturtiums


 It's only to be expected but the lawn is disappearing under a blanket of leaves


 michaelmas daisies still flowering, though a little ragged now



welsh poppy
hardy geranium





most things are remnants of summer, flowering late-
light and dark fuchsia bushes








feverfew  


but the winter jasmine is flowering early. I hope there'll be some more for Spring.




We now have a series of cold nights forecast so I wonder how many of these flowers will still be there next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment