welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Friday 29 January 2010

indoor gardening

I was wandering round the garden earlier (it's been a sunny spring-like sort of day) and lifting the front cover of the stenhouse to let some air and light in, when I remembered the bulbs planted in autumn - they've been a bit 'out of sight, out of mind'. the daffodils aren't really through yet but crocuses are showing so i brought them into the house.

















THEN, I remembered the hyacinth bulbs hidden in a cupboard, being 'forced' for early flowering. these should have been brought into the light a bit sooner - they're quite advanced with flower buds clearly showing but very, very pale due to lack of light. should recover on a windowsill though and there'll be flowers in a few days.
Meanwhile, I have some indoor colour as the small cyclamens are still flowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment