welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Monday 4 February 2013

February flowers



 Snowdrops are the big stars at the moment - just starting to come into flower but there are others around here and there and Spring feels just around the corner.
polyanthus in a sheltered spot


 

 bergenias in bud


even flowers on the alpine strawberries
 winter jasmine looking a bit bedraggled now but still adding some colour just outside the kitchen window


daffodil buds just visible inside the leaves
...and, ok not a flower, but the strange first signs of rhubarb pushing through.

4 comments:

  1. Still too cold for snowdrops up where I am. Hoping to see some soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely I've seen people in Scotland posting photos of snowdrops for the last couple of weeks. Perhaps they have hardier varieties.I'm waiting now for them all to open, then I'll visit local country park with masses to walk through.

      Delete
  2. Where do you live? We have way too much snow here in Michigan. I love to see the early Spring flowers, and like to see garden blogs so I am following you. I have not had Broad Beans since I left England in 1971
    Enjoy the Spring it will be awhile for us

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. I'm in Derby, England. Spring has been set back today with snow! I'm curious about no broad beans - are they not grown in US?

      Delete