welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Monday 16 May 2011

May Flowers

This is the time of year when the garden looks fullest and most colourful. I have lots of perennials in the flower beds as they bloom year after year with minimal effort on my part, and most of them flower about May/June time.

















There are delicate drooping solomon's seals, bright brashy oriental poppies, irises, peonies and frothy london pride.






Unfortunately, after a hot dry April, May has turned showery and cool. The rain is undoubtedly needed but I wish I could sit outside more and enjoy the flowers.

1 comment:

  1. lovely photos, you know it always amazes me that such delicate vibrant beauty lays sleeping all winter to pop up in spring with such strength,, ahhh, mother nature,, you gotta love her, I had all of these in my garden once ,, it seems eons ago (only 7 years) I'm glad I have gardens such as yours to still enjoy the beauty

    ReplyDelete