welcome to my little suburban oasis, filled with flowers,fruit trees and vegetables

Thursday 15 May 2014

Picked this week - 11th May 2014

Rain and other things stopped me getting to the allotment this week. Hubby went to dig ground for potatoes but didn't bring any produce back! Fortunately I'm starting to have salad crops ready at home - some radishes which I'm pulling quite small for two reasons; I've sown the seed too closely, and I hoped they'd be grown and out before I wanted to plant peas in the same space but they aren't.

Lots of strange mustard salad leaves - nice and spicy to go with blander green lettuce.  I've been picking lettuce as 'baby leaves' and had hoped to grow some on for larger plants - unfortunately the slugs took too much of a liking to them and everything I planted out was eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment